The International Court of Justice
2517 KJ The Hague
2. Being greatly concerned about the condition and plight of the Seafarers held captive by pirates off Puntland, Somalia we present this Complaint to the International Court.
3. The pirates have declared these Seafarers to be hostages for ransoms demanded from the Shipowners and subject to reprisals.
4. It is reported that these pirates have cut off the arm of Captain Chao-I Wu of the FV. Shiuh Fu #1 as an act of reprisal for not receiving from the vessel Owner a demanded ransom.
5. This is a clear violation of basic Human Rights, the Treatment of Prisoner's and the Rights of Seafarers as declared by the International Maritime Organisation.
6. We therefore present this Complaint to the International Court that the International Maritime Organisation, The National Maritime Authority of the Flag State of the FV. Shiuh Fu #1 and the vessels Owner are responsible for the catastrophic mutilation to Captain Chao-I Wu.
7. We therefore petition the International Court to require the International Maritime Organisation, The National Maritime Authority of the Flag State of the mentioned fishing vessel, and that vessels Owner to achieve the immediate release of Captain Chao-I Wu for proper medical treatment.
8. We are concerned that if the proper medical treatment is not received by Captain Chao-I Wu his life is in extreme danger.
9. We further petition the International Court that this fishing vessel Owner compensate Captain Chao-I Wu for this catastrophic mutilation.
10. We again further petition the International Court to demand of the International Maritime Organisation that this body organise the immediate release, by any effective means possible including military force, the release of all seafarer hostages held off the coast of Puntland, Somalia and such other places as these seafarer hostages may be held.
Count D. Peter O'Grady-Boucher, Kt. SMOM
International Unlimited Master Mariner (Retired)
address (redacted) available to the Court.