- November 2010 Vessels leave Japan
- Late December 2010 Vessels start survey in the research area
- (approximately 80 days in the Antarctic)
- Early March 2011 Vessels end survey in the research area
- April 2011 Vessels return to Japan
This survey will be conducted south of 60S in the IWC management area V (130E-170W) and the western part of Area VI (170W-145W) in a longitudinal span of 85 on the eastern side of the JARPA II research area including the Ross Sea in this season. The research area is divided into a northern strata and a southern strata in each Area.